Part of the DaveNet Mail website. San Francisco CA USA. 10/24/96.

Let's Have Fun -- Now! RE: LYRICS TO QUE SERA SERA

Sent:10/24/96; 7:58:14 PM
From: wlw@netcom.com (William L Wong)

You wrote on DaveNet:

> PPS: The song was written by Jay Livingston, it's the theme of the > Hitchcock thriller The Man Who Knew Too Much starring James Stewart > and Doris Day. It won the Oscar for best song in 1956. I tried to > find the full lyrics on the web, but the search engines I tried > came up empty.

Altavista, searching for [[#glossPatch Que Sera Sera|96/10/QueSeraSera|]] and lyric, provided this page (only a small spelling error):

> What Ever Will Be, Will Be.
>
> When I was ust a little girl,
> I asked my mother what will I be?
> Would I be pretty, would I be rich?
> here's what she said to me:
>
> Que sera sera,
> What ever will be, will be,
> The future's not ours to see,
> Que sera sera,
> What will be will be,
>
> When I grew up and fell in love,
> I asked my sweetheart, what lies ahead?
> Will we have rainbows day after day?
> Here's what my sweetheart said:
>
> Que sera sera,
> What ever will be, will be,
> The future's not ours to see,
> Que sera sera,
> What will be will be,
>
> Now I have children of my own,
> They ask their mother, what will I be?
> Would I be handsome, would I be rich?
> I tell them tenderly:
>
> Que sera sera,
> What ever will be, will be,
> The future's not ours to see,
> Que sera sera,
> What will be will be,

Nice report from the show.

William

-- William L Wong wlw@netcom.com wlw@pacbell.net DI: "From now on I'm training you to be agents of total destruction" Yakko Warner: "We don't want to be mailmen, we want to work for a living"

Let's Have Fun -- Now!

This page was last built on Sat, Dec 14, 1996 at 8:00:40 AM. The messages in this site are responses to DaveNet essays.